Chicken Croquettes are some thing which everybody loves. But why am I talking about this recipe in particular? I am a complete foodie. In fact, when it comes to food I lose my head. But I do not like to have the same thing over and over again. I always need something new to experiment with.
So I am trying something new today. I am sharing with you all my secret for cooking Chicken Croquettes in an easy way.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is bite-size finger food. The recipe is not the run-of-the-mill stuff. I personally love to to make each and every nugget yummy and flavorsome.
It does not take a lot of time and the outcome is delicious. The taste is so sumptuous, that it can never be described in words. You need to taste it first and then speak oodles in praise of this recipe. Why do I say so? I am sure all of you will relish these tasty morsels.
These croquettes are mainly categorized as appetizers. But if you can tweak it a little bit, then it could be a full-course meal for your next dinner party. If you practice this recipe, you will surely impress the people you know.
There is also a video to help you cook these wonderful chicken croquettes.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 Tbsps. butter
- 2 cups chicken breast, grilled and chopped
- Dried parsley
- Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- Eggs, cracked and stirred
- Bread crumbs
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onions to the butter, and cook till the color of the onions changes to transparent.
- Then add the dry spices in the mixture, i.e. salt, pepper, nutmeg, poultry seasoning, and half a cup of all purpose flour.
- Saute and mix until the whole mixture becomes thick.
- Add some cold milk in the mixture and stir for ten minutes approximately.
- Take this mixture in a big mixing bowl and coat this batter over the chopped chicken.
- Chill the batter and the chicken for the next two hours in the freezer.
- Make chicken batter into small hand-sized balls.
- Roll each chicken ball in flour, egg, and then coat the wet balls with bread crumbs.
- Then put the chicken balls in hot oil. Deep fry the croquettes for one to two minutes on each side.
- Add some chopped parsley and serve the dish.
Enjoy the dish. Share with your friends. I am sure you all will like it.