Who does not appreciate a hot cup of coffee in the morning? Coffee is one of the most favorite drinks around the world. But how much do we really know about our coffee? Here are some interesting facts about it.
1. The word coffee originated from the Arabic word ‘qahhwat al bun’ (wine of the bean), which became ‘kahveh’ in Turkish, which became Koffie in Dutch and then finally English called it Coffee.
2. Do you know that around 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed everyday around the world.
3. 400 million cups of coffee alone are served in the US everyday.
4. 40% of the world’s coffee is produced by the South American nation – Brazil.
5. Coffee beans are not beans but fruit pits. They are named so since the shape of the pits resemble the beans.