Most women feel sick and pukish during the early stages of pregnancy. Such a condition in most cases is considered normal and hence they don’t need special medical attention but for some women the case could be worse. In some cases women are forced to use anti sickness medicine. Lack of water or any fluid leads to dehydration and hence further complications.
Doctors are still searching for the exact reason behind this sickness. Hormonal changes are the reason guessed by doctors. This ” already bad ” feeling turns to worse if you are expecting twins or multiple pregnancy.
There are a number of factors that may make you more likely to experience nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. These include the following:
- If you are having female foetus.
- First pregnancy.
- Family history – your mother or elderly sister felt the same during their pregnancy.
- If you are going to have twins.
- If you have motion sickness.
- If you suffer from migraines frequently.
- If you have ever experienced nausea while consuming oral contraceptive pill.
- If you are suffering from stress or anxiety about anything.
- If you are obese.
These vomits and hormonal changes however do not cause a change in the baby’s growth because the body’s reserves are the places where the baby gets its nourishment from.