If you’re an Indian girl who is in her mid twenties, we have something that you are bound to relate to. Because, strangely, there are some things that are applicable to only Indian women.
You’ll know what we’re talking about when you read the following list. The following is a list about the various things women are told from an early young from over protective parents or elder brother/sisters or the interfering aunties.
1. So, when do you plan to marry ?
Probably, when you find the right guy. Really what’s the rush ?
2. But you do wish to be married eventually, right ?
No, you wish to live alone for the rest of your life in the company of your 55 cats.
3. Your biological clock is ticking
Wait, you’re the one who is getting closer to death each day.
4. How does it feel to be 30 very soon ?
Thanks for the heads up. Really, I’ll get back to you when I reach that phase.
5. You’re not married yet ? That’s amazing
That’s an amazing question.
6. Did you put on some weight ?
Don’t even dare to ask that question ever again.
7. “The right person will come along eventually, at a time when you least expect them to. Don’t worry, because they’ll be worth the wait.
Surprises aren’t always great, you know ? What if they are nothing but a bad surprise ?
8. ” You know, if you don’t get married soon, you’ll not be have kids in the future”
As if, a woman’s ovaries start shrinking after a certain age !!
9. “My cousin knows someone who is a NRI and a MBA on top of that. I think he would be perfect for you”
If you know him, he’s probably a Non Reliable Indian.
10. “Back in the day, women were not allowed to do this and that, etc etc.
You have no idea how much I hate you right now.
11. “Girls don’t need a career. It’s just something that they’re allowed to do to pass their time. After sometime, they have to get married and have married. That’s all”
What the hell do you mean ?
12.”How do you feel when you see your friends getting married, when you are attending their weddings all alone ?”
Let me answer that question with another question, “How does it feel when someone slaps you in your stupid face ?”
13. If a woman wants to survive in her new household, she must learn how to cook and how to do household chores.
I can learn whenever I want to. I have Youtube.
14. I heard you’ve joined the gym. You must be getting ready for the incoming marriage proposals.
That’s right. That’s what gyms are all about, getting good marriage proposals. In case you don’t know, people use them for personal fitness too.
15. Have you tried this ( dating/matrimony site ) yet ? I hear that it’s really effective.
It’s about time that you stop obsessing about my wedding and start to pay attention to your personal life.
16. I can’t wait for the day when I will dance at your wedding
No, please don’t bother doing that. Spare me the expense of watching your awkward dance moves. Please !!
17. When you are at someone’s wedding and all the aunties are like,” You are going to be next “
Would be like if I start saying the same at funerals ?
18. Seriously, What are you doing with your life ?
I honestly have no idea, but I love living my life the way I want to.
19. “If you don’t change yourself, you are going to die all alone !”
I really needed to hear those super inspirational words. Thank you so much.
20. And finally, “Seriously, when are you getting married ?”
And we’re back at the beginning.
We’re sure that you must have heard or are currently hearing most of these things, but guess what ? Your life is yours alone and you have every right to live it the way you want.